Five great tips to cope with bad days
1. Find out if there is actually a reason why you feel low - if so, take steps to solve it. If not, move onto the next four tips...
2. Stop beating yourself up about feeling low. We're all human and sometimes we feel down. Beating yourself up about it will only make your feel worse. Give yourself a break!
3. Be kind to yourself. Do something you like doing and give yourself a few healthy treats to cheer yourself up.
4. Focus on the positives. Don't be mindlessly optimistic, but think about what's going well in your life rather than wallowing in what's not so great.
5. Practise gratitude. Be grateful for what you have. If you want to, write a Gratitude List of what you're grateful for. This will help you to put things in perspective.
by Beth Burgess, Therapist and author of The Recovery Formula, The Happy Addict, and What Is Self-Esteem?